Print
YM
E-mail
Mai mare|Mai mic

Criminal inquiry launched against Bucharest maternity ward for killing several newborn babies

de V.O.     HotNews.ro
Miercuri, 25 august 2010, 17:52 English | Top News

Romanian authorities launched on Wednesday a criminal inquiry against Giulesti, Bucharest maternity ward "Panait Sarbu" over the killing of several newborn babies and severely harming several others in a fire a week ago, a prosecutor investigating the case has announced. The maximum risk is that the conclusion of the investigation might lead to the dissolution of the Giulesti maternity ward, should it be sent to court in this case, prosecutor Marius Iacob said.

The current management of the hospital was informed on the measure and asked to submit several documents.

The prosecutor said the measure does not necessarily mean the criminal inquiry would not be extended to persons who may be suspected of a direct contribution to the incident.

A fire broke at the intensive care section of the Giulesti maternity ward in Bucharest early last week, as the nurse who was due to supervise the prematurely born babies there was out. Several newborns died due to injuries suffered during the fire, while others suffered significant harm.






















83 views


ESRI



Hotnews
Agenţii de ştiri

Siteul Hotnews.ro foloseste cookie-uri. Cookie-urile ne ajută să imbunatatim serviciile noastre. Mai multe detalii, aici.
hosted by
powered by
developed by
mobile version