Print
YM
E-mail
Mai mare|Mai mic

What the newspapers say: September 29, 2010 

de A.C.     HotNews.ro
Miercuri, 29 septembrie 2010, 8:26 English | Top News

Citizens with bank credits might be called to the bank for another set of papers to sign if Parliamentarians will bring modifications to the ordinance ruling on credit contracts. Elsewhere in the news, yesterday, 10,000 people were expected to protest downtown Bucharest but only 5,000 showed up. Another newspaper reads that unions used the support of revolutionary organizations to cause violent clashes with the police forces. 

Gandul reads on Wednesday that millions of Romanians might be called to the banks once again, if parliamentarians decide to modify ordinance 50/2010 ruling on credit contracts. On the other hand, banks will have to spend even more to implement the changes. 

Nonetheless, it is clear that any modification might impose changes on both banks and citizens alike, and these would bring implementation costs up. There are 7.7 million contracts which Romanians have with banks, leasing companies or other financial institutions. 

Banks so far were fined with over 850,000 euro for not respecting the ordinance. On the other hand, people complain of: the refusal of banks to suspend the commission on risk, the refusal to return the risk commission already cashed in, the increase without reason of the interest rate, the introduction of a series of commissions without prior notification. 

Evenimentul Zilei reads that the protest did not really have 10,000 people as initially announced and some 5,000 gathered downtown Bucharest. News televisions were well in advance present in the area where the protesters gathered. 
The only victim in yesterday's protest was a citizen from Agrostar, who attempted to pass through the security lines set up by police forces in front of the Agriculture ministry. 

Romania libera reads that unions called the revolutionary organizations to cause violent clashes with the police forces in the illegal march towards Cotroceni, the presidential HQ, of police officers. 

The newspaper reads that the so called spontaneous march of the mass towards Cotroceni was planned at least two days in advance according to the declarations of some participants. To radicalize their actions, unions called some revolutionary organizations. 

Leaders of the revolutionary organizations met two days before the protest to set up a plan of radical actions during the protest on Friday organized by police officers. Such actions were even financed, the newspaper reads. 

Sources told the newspaper that the plan was to continue from Victoriei square towards Cotroceni, where the revolutionary organizations would join in, sustained by members from the underground world. 

According to them, the violence would have naturally called for the President's suspension. A revolutionary leader George Costin confirmed the meeting on September 22 and told the press that there were many PSD supporters who joined the crowds.

 

























158 views


ESRI



Hotnews
Agenţii de ştiri

Siteul Hotnews.ro foloseste cookie-uri. Cookie-urile ne ajută să imbunatatim serviciile noastre. Mai multe detalii, aici.
hosted by
powered by
developed by
mobile version
Miercuri