Here are his most important statements
- This reorganization is not made for any political party but it is meant to modernize and reform Romania
- The citizen is the winner
- The advantages of our proposals: state’s institutions will be closer to the citizen, the bureaucracy will be simplified, we will cut costs with the state’s functioning, deconstruct a nepotistic system and a better absorption of EU funds
- We request the territorial reorganization to facilitate EU funds
- Counties are to small to receive bigger EU funds and if the country has bigger regions, each big region could get up to 3 billion euro from EU funds
- Talks continue with our governing partners, the Hungarian Democrats and we are trying to explain all the characteristics of the reorganization project
- A decision regarding the project will be taken in the coalition Positions are completely different but this does not mean that we will ot have a constructive dialogue.
- About Schengen, PM Boc said he is optimistic that by Fall Romania will receive a positive answer.
- Our option is to join in October but there is also an option to join in stages.