He said that if the Hungarian Democrats refuse, there will be no territorial reorganization but a decentralization.
Basescu said that it is very important for the country to find a political solution for Romania’s territorial reorganization.
Here are his statements
- There is a confusion related to counties 8+1
- The two counties, Covasna and Harghita remain the way they are
- The option 8+2 is the maximum that we can offer. The two counties remain dependent on the state’s financing
- If the Hungarian Democrats refuse, there will be no territorial reorganization
- The central apparatus spends 25.4% of the state budget
- We need to diminish bureaucracy in the territory.