Romanian Education minister Mihail Hardau took stand on Sunday in a scandal sparked by the announcement that a journalist working for national newspaper easily obtained the secret tests for highschool capacity exams last week.
Hardau announced an investigation within the examination authority to find out who is responsible for the leaked information after newspaper Adevarul announced one of his journalists obtained it with little more than just asking for the data.
Minister Hardau said said three ministry employees were investigation.
But he said the whole scandal was sparked because he had become a “target” for PM Calin Popescu Tariceanu, who on Saturday announced he would call for the dismissal of a state secretary within the Education ministry because of the leaked tests.
According to Hardau, the issue would not prevent the good organization of capacity exams currently taking place in schools across Romania.