Madonna arrived in Romania on Tuesday evening, around 7pm. Her aircraft landed on Baneasa airport. The artist will perform on Wednesday evening, after 9pm, on the stage set up in Izvor Park, during her "Sticky & Sweet" tour. She made reservations with four hotels in Bucharest: Novotel, Radisson, Mariott and Hilton, for her and her staff. She stayed at Radisson, eventually.
Several trucks and coaches, carrying Madonna's staff and equipment entered Romania on Tuesday morning, according to Romanian press agency Mediafax.
Madonna's concert in figures
- Madonna's concert production team count 1,200 people.
- The stage is made up of two parts, weights one hundred tones and covers the size of a stadium.
- Backstage, there will be approximately 500 chairs and tables and 30 couches, as well as five industrial cooking machines.
- Madonna's personal staff is made up by 34 persons: fitness trainers, a therapist, an interior designer, a cook...
- Over 1,000 gendarmes from the Bucharest Gendarmerie will secure public order.
- 70,000 people are expected to turn up for the concert.
Access to concert
The fans will be able to get a seat starting 5:30 pm. They must be ticket holders, hold an invitation and the press representatives must have accreditation.
Starting with 11:30 pm, the Autonomous Transport Authority from Bucharest will make available three special transport lines. Busses will leave from Piata Unirii towards Vatra Luminoasa, from George Cosbuc Square towards Soseaua Giurgiului and from Operei Square towards Drumul Taberei and Damaroaia.
Plus, the public transport in Bucharest will run for longer for several routes. The last tube will be at 1pm. But the road traffic in Bucharest will be closed on August 26, between 5pm and 1am, on several roads serving Izvor Park area.
Fine for the staging company
The Territorial Work Inspectorate from Bucharest fined Alligator Impex, the company responsible for setting up Madonna's stage in Izvor Park, with 8,000 lei. The authority's representatives found problems with the company's instruction their staff with norms regarding health and safety.