Liberal Party President, Calin Popescu Tariceanu criticized on Wednesday the government coalition, formed by the Democrat Liberals and the Social Democrats. He said that Romania's future depends on the directions undertaken by the government, and the coalition is guiding the country to the wrong way. Tariceanu underlined that the coalition is in a continuous internal fight and that the recent approved budget is conducive to recession.
The main declarations are:
- I think that Boc can lie once, twice, five times but in a couple of months he will have a serious problem because he will have to tell Romanians what to eat
- The coalition lied about the debt legacy of the Tariceanu government
- The coalition lied about the European funds
- Boc's lies will not give Romanians food on the table
- The 2009 budget is the worse budget ever