"We have two new H1N1 infection cases: one son and the father of the first Romanian swine flu patient" Health minister Ion Bazac announced on Thursday. He noted that other 15 persons were under epidemiologic scrutiny.
The first case to attract swine flu suspicions was recorded yesterday, in the case of a woman who recently returned from the United States. Her tests were sent to a laboratory in London for conformation. The patient’s father and one of her sons have been tested at Matei Bals Institute in Bucharest.
The Institute released the results of the other two patients this morning. Romanian minister of Health announced the confirmation of the diagnosis. "The woman and her child have reduced symptoms. Her father has fever and rhinorrhea. The patients are quarantined at Matei Bals Institute”, Bazac said in a press conference today.
Minister of Health statements:
- We are currently investigating 15 other persons, who came in contact with the lady recently returned from the U.S. They are passengers who took the same Paris – Bucharest flight as she.
- The persons addressed fro swine flu investigations must have 7 days of medical vacation.
- Potential infections can be tested at Cantacuzino Institute.
- The Ministry of Health will publish reports with the patient’s health evaluation.
- We did not declare national quarantine. We cannot force anyone to stay in the hospital.
- H1N1 testing is free.