Romanian Ministry of Health announced that all patients from Matei Bals Institute of Contagoius Diseases previously diagnosed with swine flu were released on Tuesday. The National Research-Development Institute for Microbiology and Immunology "Cantacuzino" did not confirm any new infection case.
The last 24 hours brought 284 new swine flu cases worldwide. Great Britain had 71, Italy and Holland had 10 each, Switzerland counted six, Germany - five, Denmark and Sweden had two each. Denmark announced that its patients were two persons who travelled recently to the US.
There are currently 24,871 swine flu cases worldwide. Two Caribbean islands reported their first cases: Martinique and the Dominican Republic.
Romanian Ministry of Health stresses that people should respect the hygiene medical indications, especially in the given context:
- Avoid getting to close to sick persons.
- When coughing or sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with a paper handkerchief, to reduce the risk of spreading your cold. Throw away the handkerchief after using it.
- Wash your hands regularly with water and soap, especially after you sneeze or cough. Alcohol-based products are also efficient. Avoid touching your nose, mouth or eyes, because germs frequently spread when somebody touches a contaminated object and touching their face afterwards.
- Clean hard surfaces, like door handles, as frequent as possible.
- If you’re sick, stay away from other people to not spread the disease.
- Avoid crowds.