The Romanian Interior Ministry took special measures in 18 counties where higher risks to the electoral process are considered during presidential elections on Sunday. The counties of Arges, Botosani, Buzau, Braila, Calarasi, Dambovita, Dolj, Galati, Giurgiu, Iasi, Mehedinti, Olt, Prahova, Suceava, Teleorman, Timis, Valcea si Vrancea are the counties where risks are seen higher in terms of "electoral tourism" - people voting multiple times in various locations -, electoral fraud and other incidents.
Several incidents were reported during the voting process until noon on Sunday:
- A voting section in Brasov was opened late because its president could not arrive in time
- Six sections in Targu Jiu were left without electricity for about 15 minutes
- To electoral irregularities were reported in the counties of Teleorman and Mures
- In Caras Severin, a "voted" rubber stamp disappeared in one section
- In Dolj county, a physician is under investigation for issuing medical papers to facilitate the use of mobile voting booths