PSD vice-president Dan Nica claims that the number of votes subjected to fraud during the Sunday elections would be 136,000 and 10% of the votes are allegedly multiple. Dan Nica announced that PSD will submit a penal complaint against deputy and PD-L Diaspora president William Branza for setting up an organised criminal group. "The voting in the Diaspora was subject to fraud. We have hand-written declarations of certain persons from the Diaspora that did not vote, but who appear on lists as if they have voted", Dan Nica claimed.
He wanted to present several of the modalities he claims that PD-L used to steal the elections:
- One method was to steal the vote in the Diaspora. Thy thought it would be more difficult to check.
- We have hand-written declarations of certain people which did not vote, but feature on the voters' lists.
- One method was multiple votes, including in the Diaspora.
- 10% of the cast votes have been multiple.
- There are tens of records falsified of subjected to fraud.
- Many votes for Mircea Geoana have been declared invalid. We have discovered many invalid votes which were, in fact, valid and in Mircea Geoana's favour.
- We are engaged in a full ID identification process and we have discovered inexistent codes.
- In Bucharest’s Sector 3 have been released tens of IDs that we consider false.
- We will submit a penal complaint against deputy and PD-L Diaspora president William Branza for setting up an organised crime group.
William Branza's statement:
- Besides me, they should arrest another some five million Romanians, Traian Basescu's voters. They should arrest everyone who has voted for Traian Basescu.
- There hasn't been any problem noticed in the elections overseas.