Freelance Romanian journalist Cristian Botez, currently in Cairo talked for HotNews.ro about the current situation in Tahrir Square up to mid Wednesday. "Up to 1 PM, the situation degenerated and the two camps clashed violently, teenagers and children are caught in the middle of the fight", the Romanian journalist said.
His most important statements
- Until 1 PM the two opposing camps confronted verbally but the situation got worse every minute
- The madness started after 1 PM
- This is a terrible war. In half an hour, most wounded appeared because the two camps attack in successive waves
- Teenagers and children are caught in the middle of the fight
- The military withdrew within the tanks Journalists went to their hotels A French journalist was seriously injured at his leg