OTE group chief Michael Tsamaz and Deutsche Telekom Vice President will meet next Tuesday with Romanian authorities to discuss the possible acquisition of the state’s shares at Romtelecom and will most definitely present an offer, Communications ministry state secretary Marius Fecioru said for HotNews.ro. On the other hand, market rumors said for HotNews.ro that the offer will be maximum 350 million euro.
The ministry officials will meet with the businessmen on Tuesday next week. After the offer is presented, the ministry will start its own evaluation of the shares and depending on the result it would either sell it or list it. On the other hand, market rumors mentioned on Tuesday for HotNews.ro that the offer that the businessmen will present is worth maximum 350 million euro.
The Romanian state announced in November last year that it plans to sell its 46% shares owned at Romtelecom and invited OTE, the majority shareholder to present an offer by the end of 2010. In December OTE officials requested a three month extension of the deadline to submit an offer. Lastly, they requested a new extension to the end of May.