To improve access to Madonna's concert next Wednesday, the local authorities decided to restrict traffic on certain routes in Bucharest, the concert organisers inform. The fans are recommended to use public transport, especially the tube, because the area around Izvor Park does not have available parking space. Madonna will perform on August 26 in Bucharest in Izvor Park, with her Sticky & Sweet Tour, the artist's eight world tour.
Madonna's performance is part of the Vodafone Best Music series, promoted by Live Nation and organised by Emagic. Sticky & Sweet Tour is one of the best sold tours in the history of a solo artist.
To make the public's access to the concert more fluid, the traffic will be restricted on August 26, between 5 PM and 1 AM, on the following routes:
- Splaiul Independentei (in both directions), between Podul Operei and Piata Unirii, B.P.Hasdeu Boulevardul;
- Libertatii Boulevardul betwen Calea 13 Septembrie and Splaiul Independentei;
- Natiunile Unite Boulevardul and Izvor Bulevardul between Piata Natiunilor Unite and Piata Arsenalului;
- Unirii Boulevardul between Bulevardul Libertatii and Bulevardul I.C. Bratianu, allowing the traffic from Splaiul Independentei towards Bibescu Voda St;
- Calea Victoriei, between Regina Elisabeta Boulevardul and Splaiul Independentei;
- Calea Plevnei, between Regina Elisabeta Boulevardul and Splaiul Independentei;
- Schitu Magureanu Bulevardul, between Bulevardul Regina Elisabeta and Splaiul Independentei.
The traffic will also be restricted on the following streets: Silfidelor, Elie Radu, Anghel Saligny, Ilfov, Dr. Raureanu and Dr. N. Staicovici, between Splaiul Independentei and Costache Negri.
RATB public transport lines, namely 104, 124, 123, 136 and 385 will modify their routes between 5 PM and 00:00.
Those who still want to buy a ticket for Madonna's concert can do so from Diverta shops network or from www.myticket.ro. Those who bought tickets from elsewhere and want to check their authenticity, can click here.