"We will submit the motion immediately after the Boc Government will take responsibility for the austerity laws", Romanian Social-Democratic Party (PSD) leader Victor Ponta declared on Monday, June 7. The social-democratic leader added that "we are making all efforts to pass the motion". Ponta announced that PSD leaders have adopted "the letter's text which we'll send to The President, asking for a referendum". Plus, PSD has already begun the procedure to sanction the Deputies' Chamber Speaker Roberta Anastase, Ponta mentioned.
Main statements made by Victor Ponta:
- We will submit the motion immediately after the Emil Boc Government will take responsibility for the austerity laws.
- We are making all efforts to pass the motion.
- Today, we have adopted the letter's text, to be sent to Romania's President, addressing the legal possibility for Romanians to have a say in a national referendum on the austerity measures.
- The measures to be implemented are not only for Mr. Basescu, Mr. Boc and the ministers, but also for or against Romanians.
- We have started the procedure to sanction Ms Anastase, to temporarily exclude her from the Deputies' Chamber work, after the legal vote for Mr. Valer Dorneanu's becoming Judge of the Romanian Constitutional Court (CCR) was blocked through abusive and illegal will of a Chamber Speaker - an unprecedented gesture.
- Should it be the case, we will submit another censorship motion.
- We saw President Basescu is no longer the president of the Romanian people; he only cares about the Boc Government.
The Romanian executive adopted on Monday morning the final form of the two law drafts, for which it will take responsibility before the Parliament this afternoon.