Bucharest Tribunal published the grounds judges relied on to retain media mogul Sorin Ovidiu Vantu, Octavian Turcan and Alexandru Stoian for 29 days. See the most important reasons.
- Vantu, together with Turcan and Stoian even though had a restraining order from leaving the country implemented a complicated communications circuit with Nicolae Popa, sentenced to 15 years of prison and helped him hide
- the FNI system was very complicated, created under the appearance of an open investment fund that generated a serious prejudice to the Romanian banking system and to a great number of people
- thus the activities conducted by the thee impose a great danger upon the social environment and their freedom might be a concrete danger for public order
- even though they were investigated for favoring Romanian Nicolae Popa since December 2009, they continued to support him through any means to escape the justice in Romania
- they might encourage other people to commit fellonies as well
- the measure to deprive them of liberty is an extreme measure but the fellonies committed are just as extreme
- Sorin Ovidiu Vantu was the initiator of the whole operation