PM Emil Boc declared on Tuesday night in an interview for Realitatea TV news television that he is not on the point to resign but to assume responsibility in the Parliament for another law. Boc said that the chief of state never asked him to resign. Regarding salary rests for the professors, PM Boc said that professors will receive it in installments starting 2012 to 2014.
His main statements
- I am on the good side of things and everything I do is in their interest of the people
- Each day is a struggle to pull Romania out of the crisis
- Anyone else would have taken the same measures but they do not have the courage to admit it
- I believe that by the end of my mandate people will see where we started and where we are
- PDL has majority in the Parliament and I hope to maintain it
- It is the President’s right to talk about an independent PM, the President never asked for my resignation
- Today’s higher court of justice decision, ruling that professors should receive their salary rights which they did not will be respected and the money will be paid by the government stating 2012 up to 2014 installment.
- I said Romania, today, does not dispose of 500 million euro to cover a 50% increase of salaries of professors, the economy cannot cover it. On the other hand, we do not have the resources to pay the salaries we did in 2008